In 2017, UFS will provide up to two TECTRON Anode Cells at no cost to a qualified E-coat end-user. The customer must be using a crescent-shaped (“c-cell”), box type anode cell, or a competitor’s small diameter tubular anode cell.
- For those using a box type anode cell, UFS will provide two TECTRON Large Diameter Anode Cells to replace the equivalent anode area of one box anode cell.
- For those using crescent-shaped anode cell, UFS will provide one TECTRON Large Diameter Anode Cell to replace a crescent-shaped anode cell.
- For those using a competitive small diameter tubular anode cell, UFS will provide one TECTRON Anode Cell of equal or larger diameter.
To receive the TECTRON Anode Cell(s) at no cost, the end-user will agree to:
- Install the trial TECTRON Anode Cell(s) within 30 days of receipt.
- Allow access by UFS personnel (or authorized agent) on a regular basis to
inspect the Cell(s), measure performance and mark progress.
- Provide Tank & Cell Drawings as described below.
In exchange for the opportunity to provide the trial Anode Cell(s), UFS will provide:
- Free shipping to the plant location.
- Mounting hardware compatible with the existing anode cell mounting arrangement.
- Adapters for the anolyte supply, anolyte return and electrical connection.
- Anode Cell inspection on a regular basis, with written evaluation reports after each visit.
- Return shipment costs if the Anode Cell is found to be defective or un-usable in the E-Coat system.
To get started a cross section of your tank showing minimum depth with ware in position is required (with electrode information). If you can not provide this, then you must fill in ALL information on these 2 PDF forms, Membrane Electrode Information and Tank Information. Once the tank data has been submitted and reviewed by a UFS Engineer, a proposed Anode Cell drawing and a no charge sales order will be forwarded to the end-user contact person for approval. After end-user approved, the trial evaluation unit(s) will be produced and delivered per the end-user’s request.