Product Support and Customer Service
For Further support visit our Contact Page
Think and act in a safe manner. Always disconnect power and use a lockout before you work on the E-coat system, or any of the related subsystems. Observe any confined space conditions. Use the appropriate safety equipment and clothing for the task. Please carefully read all the instructions listed below to familiarize yourself with the project before attempting to perform any of the work.
- Heat Shrink (Waterproof w/adhesive)
- Butt Connector - #6 or #2
- Wire Stripper
- Hot Gun
In some cases on bare floors, wire may break off because of repeated movement or tear in insulation of wire. Usually if a bare floor is in good shape, it can be repaired. If wire looks like picture, it can be repaired.
- Cut back the wire 1 to 2 inches to make sure all paint is removed.
- Strip wire so it will fit into one side of butt connector. Place about 4 inches of shrink tubing over wire before you crimp on butt connector.
- Find other end of wire that goes to buss bar and repair in the same fashion. If wire is gone or coroded , then it must be replaced.
- Make the connection between the two wires and then heat shrink tubing unit to shrink the wire: Make sure you do not damage jacket of existing wire with too much heat.